Monday, April 10, 2006

First social work ....8th Apr 2006


Got my first chance to do a social work in Singapore. A painting project called the Wow Day, RRR Project in Toa Payoh Blk 31. The activity involved going to senior citizens houses to clean and paint the house for them. Reached at around 8.30 am.There were many volunteers on the occasion , all enthusiastic of contributing to the best of their abilities. Most people were from nearby places. I was amazed to see one lady volunteer in the age of around 58-60 turning up for help. Just shows the spirit of helping out others. I really felt sad for the resident senior citizen with nobody to look after them, though a charitable trust was there which was helping these people in making their living more joyful, never seen this side of Singapore. All volunteers were divided into different teams with a unit lead. Finished off cleaning and painting by 2 pm and left back for Marketing meeting at 3.30 pm. Eagerly looking forward to next such assignment....
The appreciation from the senior citizen at the end was most satisfying. Worth the effort.

Cant get out of the habit of taking pictures. So took this picture.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

great to know this. but why exactly are you "waiting" for another such assignment? i mean...if u r interested, u dont have to wait for someone to send a mail asking u to do this. there are activities all the time. u can participate whenever u want

Parsh said...

Well,u are correct,perhaps I should be looking out for more such opportunities on my own rather than being told by someone.Surely will get involved after exmas are over on 28th Apr.06.Would appreciate if u can suggest some websites regarding the same if u know?
Thanks for the feedback :-))
Disclose of your identity if u wish, wont take it as anything negative. :)

Anonymous said...

why worry about trifle things like my identity. i dont think u know me...i would have loved to give some URLs, but i believe that if u r motivated enough, u will find them yourself

Parsh said...

Huum, looks like someone in my MBA batch,as you mentioned about mail which i didnt mentioned in my post. Anyways I just asked about url as I thought u would already be knowing.... will find on my own now. :-))

Anonymous said...

of course its someone in your MBA batch. it doesnt require the intelligence of a martian to know it. i attend classes only for a few subjects and looks like you are not in the batch i sit with. let me give a hint though - my name starts with T