Friday, June 06, 2008

The Undercover Economist

Took a long to finish this one. One recommendation, if you try reading it do not leave any chapter midway as when you are back on it after 1-2 days gap earlier read is all washed out. Thats what happened to me reading this book, except for the last few chapters. The author does a commendable job to explain economics taking into account much talked about issues like Globalization, Trade barriers , Pollution and explaining how China grew rich. A new perspective on the sweatshops which I was prompted to think again as earlier reading of John Pilger left me with a completely different view. This book surely needs one more reading ( another way of saying I did not comprehend all what Tim tried to explain but I think I will be able to). Not an easy read as it prompts to put your brain to much of thinking to get the point ( atleast for me) .

No comments: