Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Helping 1 child( World Vision)

Came across this brochure of the organization called World Vision. It is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.Organization was started by an American Bob Pierce in 1953 in Korea to help out children orphaned in Korean War.
Children always delight me and when I have an opportunity to help out one such needy kid, then why not :). Also gives me more satisfaction when I can see where and on what the money is being spent. I decided to sponsor a girl named SAPNA(in Hindi meaning a dream ). I received this picture stand with details of SAPNA. I came to know through same where SAPNA is living in India, which class she is studying in, what her parents do, what's her favorite subject.

No comments: