Monday, September 25, 2006

Runners Up at SYNERGY 2006



Had been working on the business plan for Synergy 2006 (a patent commercialization business plan competition ) organized by NTU with 6 of my other group members since June. Finally the efforts paid of well with our team PLASMA CORP. winning the 2nd Prize in the competition with cash reward of 3000 SGD on 23rd Sept. It has been a great experience working with the team. Synergy effect was definately there among all, which made such outcome possible. Excellent team, though too much perfectionism , including myself :) . Really amazes me of people with such diverse backgrounds and nationalities( Indian, Singaporean, Chinese, French and American) can form such a strong team. Truly global yet highly synergized. I personally had to struggle a bit over my fear of public speaking before final presentation...too much nervousness ...I feel very jittery whenever I am supposed to speak in front of a big crowd. Team members helped a lot in boosting up my confidence,thanks to their efforts, hoof finally somehow I managed to deliver decently. Now next time its going to be much easier.I wonder why as I use to easily give training sessions to 30 people with much ease in my last job. May be the comfortability factor I had made the difference earlier. Only the speaking part is troublesome when its like a monologue......Q&A after the presentation , all that jitter goes away...strange. May be I should practice more of speaking in public to overcome this phobia. Just typed in google on same (fear of public speaking) and wooooh 21,300,000 search results, no wonder there are many out there like me :) . Found some interesting articles : 1, 2 .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Parsh!
The best is yet to be :)

-Angelica