Thursday, October 04, 2007

Customer Service

On my way back from trip back home, I had booked a ticket with Kingfisher airlines. As soon as I arrived at the airport , a person nicely dressed in red shirt and black pants came up greeted first and asked if I was flying by Kingfisher airlines. Amazed, as I have never seen such instance happening to me , I said yes. He asked me to wait till he gets a trolley to carry my luggage, for a moment I thought he might have mistaken me for someone else :p. We then went in to the check in counter , where there were about 5-6 people in queue. On observing this , the guy asked me to wait and carried my email print out of ticket to a lady, first I thought is this some kind of token system but later realized that it was electronic ticketing system , the lady was carrying one electronic gadgets and issuing tickets apart from regular counters. Two experiences side by side. Really created a "Wow" effect . Now thats called customer service. Though the flight got delayed by 50minutes and food was ok type....still the initial contact left the wow effect of flying with this airlines. Was wondering later if the same thing is repeated by all competitors then it would become a necessity and would no longer have a wow factor. The flight had individual TV panels for all , also there was some information with respect to height(went till 11000 m), speed(max 847 Km/hr) , temperature( went upto -46 degree celcius) and travel time(started from 2.15 hrs) remaining for destination, map in the default channel. Good experience flying with this airlines .
(TV panel for each seat)

No comments: